Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Kit

When it was time to order my drugs, sweet Nurse Stephanie told me to expect a call from a particular pharmacy. A different pharmacy called me with my order, gave me a grand total (whoa- keep breathing here!! It's only money!!) and told me they'd process my order for a Wednesday delivery. The next day, after talking to Stephanie, she told me that the wrong pharmacy had been faxed my order, and that the correct pharmacy would call me anytime. A day or two later, they called, processed my order, gave me a less grand total saving me lots of moolah. (Thankful!) The kit came on a Friday, which is Community Group night, so I was only able to quickly scan it when we were on our way out the door. In a word? OVERWHELMED. There were bags of needles, syringes, alcohol wipes, medication in boxes, zip packs, bottles... It was like a shmorgasboard of dope. My theme for this IVF is to take thngs one step at a time...
Step 1- Birth Control Pills... check!
Step 2- Lupron... started that on Tuesday morning, will continue until Stephanie tells me to stop! It's a subcutaneous injection in the belly- not a problem at all... check!
Step 3- Lupron Evaluation next Thursday... what are we checking for? I have no idea.
Step 4- I have no idea.
I know that there are a lot of steps. That is the extent of my knowledge on this proces.

I told Kirk the other night that I was a little (or a lot) scared. Are we making the right choices? tops my list of concerns that keeps me awake at night. According to my Mom, (who knows best!), God wouldn't lead us down this path if this wasn't where he wanted us to be. I'm choosing to believe that. I am not sure that I believe it deep deep down in the dark part of my heart, but in my head, I am choosing to rest in Him. He knows what He's doing. He knows step 3, step 33, step 33333. I'm just going to follow His lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment