Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving- the Ultimate Thankful Thursday

Here's the Thanksgiving list, a couple of days late:

4 BIG
1. My relationship with Jesus- can we say... a work in progress? Jesus teaches me every day that He is in control, and all I have to do is to bring glory to His name. Simple. Beautiful. Jesus.
2. Family- I love our family. Every person is so crazy in their own way and I love that.
-My brother married his dream girl in July, and I can't tell you how much I love her. She is an amazing addition to our family. She & my bro prepared the Thanksgiving turkey- deep fried. I'm thankful that I can now blame my weight gain on that dinner, rather than the fertility drugs! For now, anyway!
-My sister has been giving herself injections for psoriatic arthritis for years- weekly shots in her upper thigh. Without her encouraging words and clear strength, I couldn't have taken that first shot of Follistim months ago.
-My parents rock. My Dad & I go to breakfast several times a month, and even though he doesn't quite like to talk about my uterus, he listens and offers support through his hugs & his "I Love You"'s. My Mom is my best friend. There's never been a day where I have to explain why I'm crying or why I'm shouting. She just knows. I hope I'll be that kind of mom to my kids some day.
-Kirk's entire family- they are crazy!! Only a couple of them know about our sitch, but even those who don't are so funny and loud that I can forget about the shots, the pills, the procedures and the monitoring while I'm with them. Possibly because I can't hear myself think, but I appreciate the breaks from my reality, even if for just a couple of hours!
3. Friends- Kirk & I are surrounded by people who love us, right where we are. We're involved in an amazing community group through our church, and our best friendships have formed as a result of that. The women in the group know exactly where we are in our cycle, and they provide countless hours of gentle listening, support, and, of course, tears & smiles. I thank God every day for dropping us exactly where we are.
4. My job- ONLY because, if you don't experience something that you don't love, when you finally do find something that makes your heart beat faster you won't truly appreciate it. I am grateful that I have a job that affords us the ability to pay for treatment, and save for our future baby's needs and wants.

4 little
1. Our house is almost completely decorated for Christmas and I LOVE it!
2. Candles that are scented like the ocean. Actually, they smell nothing like the beaches I've ever been to, but they smell delicious and I quite enjoy them.
3. Chic-Fil-A breakfast sandwiches, with half Sweet Tea and half Lemonade.
4. Scented pillows.

There you have it. Daily, we should reflect on the things in our lives that make living a little sweeter. You don't have to look very far. They're all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment